Saving on water (and energy) is important for the environment. Often, just updating some of your equipment around the home or fixing a problem can result in saving a lot of water and energy – which is good for the environment and you! While there is a heap of water on earth, most of it is not fit for human consumption. Plumber Sydney can do a review on your plumbing system and advise you of improvements that can be made.
Plumber Sydney offer some tips on great ways to make your own home more environmentally friendly.
- Plumber Sydney can Install a low-flow toilet that can result in 30% less litres of water used per flush. Considering that toilets represent about 30% of your household water usage (second only to the shower), this is significant water conservation. Ask a plumber Sydney to quote on installing a low-flow toilet.
- Plumber Sydney can Install a low-flow showerhead that can result in 50% less litres of water used per shower. On average, a five-minute shower with a regular showerhead will use 100 litres of water. A five-minute shower with a low-flow showerhead will only use 35 litres of water. A good quality low-flow showerhead will feel the exact same as a regular one. Save water and save money at the same time by installing a low-flow showerhead. Get a Quote from your local plumber Sydney to convert your showerheads.
- A semi filled bath saves more water than a short shower. A comfortable bath usually takes approximately 150 litres of water. A shower uses about 11-20 litres of water per minute. Doing the math, that means that if you’re going to take a shower for about 10 minutes or more, it’s more economical and you’ll save more water if you take a semi filled bath.
- A leaking tap Sydney can waste up to 75 litres of water per day. Keep an eye out for leaks and have them fixed as quickly as possible by a plumber Sydney. Loosing 75 litres of water a day is equivalent to a half-filled bath from above!
- A running toilet can waste up to 750 litres of water per day! That’s a lot of water being used for nothing. Plumber Sydney can service and repair any problems with your toilet at a very low cost during normal business hours.
- Consider purchasing a tankless water heater. A tankless water heater in some cases can save you up to 40% on energy for hot water. Consult with a Plumber Sydney to discuss if this could be a viable option for your home.
- Keep an eye out for hidden plumbing leaks. Plumbing outside the home often go undetected unless you look for them. Approximately, up to 30% of water entering supply-line systems can be lost to leaking pipes. Make sure you call your local plumber Sydney if you notice this occurring.
- When rinsing fruits and vegetables, do not use running water. Fill a small bowl with water to rinse the fruit and vegetables instead.
- Turn the water off when you are brushing your teeth, and only use short bursts to rinse out your mouth.
- Clean your sidewalks and driveway with a broom and not a garden hose.
- The best method to check if you have leaks in your water system is to turn off all taps in your home. Then go to the water meter for your home and see if it is still running. If its still running, you have a water leak somewhere. Call a plumber Sydney to detect and repair the leak as soon as possible.
Tags: 24 hour plumber sydney, blocked drain, blocked drain Sydney hot water system Sydney, Drain Camera Sydney plumber Sutherland, Emergency Plumber Sydney, gas plumber sydney, Plumber Annandalle, Plumber Annangrove, Plumber Appin, Plumber Arcadia, Plumber Arncliffe, Plumber Arndell Park, Plumber Ashbury, Plumber Ashfield, Plumber Bargo, Plumber Bass Hill, Plumber Baulkham Hills, Plumber Bay View, Plumber Beacon Hill, Plumber Beaconsfield, Plumber Beauty Point, Plumber Beecroft, Plumber Belfield, Plumber Bella Vista, Plumber Bellevue Hill, Plumber Belmore, Plumber Ben Buckler, Plumber Berala, Plumber Berkshire Park, Plumber Berrys Bay, Plumber Birkenhead Point, Plumber Birrong, Plumber Blacktown, Plumber Blair Athol, Plumber Blairmount, Plumber Bondi, Plumber Botany, Plumber Bright-le-sands, Plumber Bronte, Plumber Bulli, Plumber Camperdown, Plumber Clovelly, Plumber Coogee, Plumber Darling Harbour, Plumber Darlington, Plumber Dean Park, Plumber Dee Why, Plumber Denham Court, Plumber Denistone, Plumber Dharruk, Plumber Dolans Bay, Plumber Dolls Point, Plumber Doonside, Plumber Double Bay, Plumber Dover Heights, Plumber Drummoyne, Plumber Dulwich Hill, Plumber Dundas, Plumber Dunheved, Plumber Earlwood, Plumber East Hills, Plumber East Ryde, Plumber Eastgardens, Plumber Eastlakes, Plumber Eastwood, Plumber Edgecliff, Plumber Edmondson Park, Plumber Elizabeth Bay, Plumber Endensor Park, Plumber Enfield, Plumber Enmore, Plumber Epping, Plumber Ermington, Plumber Erskineville, Plumber Eveleigh, Plumber Fairfield, Plumber Fairlight, Plumber Five Dock, Plumber Forest Lodge, Plumber Frenchs Forest, Plumber Girraween, Plumber Gladesville, Plumber Glebe, Plumber Glenfield, Plumber Gordon, Plumber Granville, Plumber Green Valley, Plumber Greenacre, Plumber Greenfield Park, Plumber Greenwich, Plumber Greystanes, Plumber Guildford, Plumber Gymea, Plumber Haberfield, Plumber Hammondville, plumber Hurstville, Plumber Kingsford, Plumber Kingsgrove, Plumber Kograh, Plumber Koonawarra, Plumber Kyeemagh, Plumber Lakemba, Plumber Lilyfield, plumber Liverpool, Plumber Maroubra, Plumber Marrickville, Plumber Mascot, plumber Newtown, Plumber Pagewood, Plumber Penshu, Plumber Petersham, Plumber Point Piper, Plumber Potts Point, Plumber Rockdale, Plumber Rose Bay, Plumber Rozelle, Plumber Strathfield, Plumber Surry Hills, Plumber Sydney, Plumber Tamarama, Plumber Ultimo, Plumber Vaucluse, Plumber Watsons Bay, plumber Wollonong, plumbers Sydney, plumbing sydney, Sydney Plumbers
Posted in: BlogLeave a Comment (0) ↓